Private schools basketball: Boneman's crystal ball...
By Robert Przybylo
It’s not technically the second half of the season, but it’s close enough. After winter break, the games mean more and you start to see what teams are really made of.
Let’s start, shall we?
Boys: Look out, 5A. With Joe Edmonds back, this team is going to do some damage in the next couple of months. Matt Morrissey and Miles Newcomb have come up big, and Matt Christiansen should only become even more of an impact player with Edmonds back in the saddle. Get to see the complete Irish team this weekend at the McGuinness Classic (gonna be a fun 3 days).
Girls: Umm, though not original, look out, 5A. The Irish have not played their best ball, said coach Jennifer Burch. However, their only loss is to Santa Fe and have wins over Cache and Edmond Memorial and Weatherford. Great balance, led by Alexa Lienhard and Elyse Hight. The development of Kate Andrews and Theresa Nash is going to be key.
Boys: With the football boys back in the saddle, first-year coach Chris Hamilton should be able to perk up. Quintaz Struble might actually be better in basketball than football, something I would not have said last year. And with Tanner Tepe becoming eligible, Chargers have a chance to surprise some people.
Girls: It’s one thing to be young, it’s another to look young. Leslie Warner’s girls are incredibly small but showed some signs last week. Ericka Wakefield is going to become a player, and I think sophomore Carter Cloud is really going to develop as long as she becomes more aggressive. She gets down on herself too easy. She’s good. Starting lineup is three freshmen, a sophomore and a junior.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11641Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11150Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 7793Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7658Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4653Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4189OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3570Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 3548Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3510Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3477How to help tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients