Santa Fe: Welcome back, Michael Onuoha...
By Robert Przybylo
I went into Tuesday’s Santa Fe and Putnam North game think it was going to be a tight one for all four quarters. But junior Michael Onuoha had other plans.
Fully recovered from early injuries, Onuoha was dominant in leading the Wolves to a 79-45 win against the Panthers at Santa Fe.
Onuoha had a game-high 22 points and one memorable dunk over Panthers star Armon Provo. I thought Onuoha had taken off from too far away to slam it home, but he found a way.
Star Josh Richardson added 18 points as the Wolves looked a lot different from the team I saw get trounced by Memorial in the finals of the Edmond Open.
PCNorth star Armon Provo was still hampered by an ankle injury and wasn’t his usual explosive self. Junior Joe Summers led the way with 10 points.
It was close in the first quarter with PCN holding a 12-8 lead late in the quarter. But with Provo not himself and Ricco Smith in foul trouble, the Wolves took off on a 20-2 run and cruised the rest of the way.
Santa Fe 42, Putnam North 39 (Girls)
What is it about the Panthers that give the Wolves fits? Paul Bass’ girls can look so good against some teams, but PCN right now has a good formula to keep these games tight.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39233Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 13073Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 12407New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 10235Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 10192UPDATE: Woman's body found in northwest Oklahoma City, her son arrested
- 7498Oklahoma City Thunder: Hard to tell if Shabazz Muhammad is on OKC's radar
- 7224Oklahoma baseball: Sunny Golloway wasn't Sooners' most beloved coach, but he got results
- 7166Oklahoma State football: Quarterback Wes Lunt transferring to Illinois
- 6621Top 5 regrets of the dying
- 5869Russell Westbrook is off crutches and says he's back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients