Casady: Casey Roberts, Graham Bennett stepping up...
By Robert Przybylo
Good rivalry week coming up in my neck of the woods in basketball. Gonna kick it off (or tip it off) Tuesday night with Heritage Hall and Casady. Edmond North and Edmond Santa Fe are going at it Tuesday as well and Midwest City and Del City will lock up Friday night (I’ll be there).
As for the Chargers and Cyclones, expecting a couple of tight, competitive games for the boys and girls.
Like what the Chargers are doing under first-year coach Chris Hamilton. Quintaz Struble has emerged as a beast and interested to see how Tanner Tepe, a transfer from Piedmont, looks now that he has a week under his belt.
As for Casady, I’d be lying if I didn’t say the first person that comes to mind is Preston Sullivan. However, a couple of other players came up big for Allen Dukes at the Crooked Oak Bricktown Bash.
One we know from football as junior Graham Bennett played all 32 minutes and scored a career-high 19 points in the third-place win against Crooked Oak.
The other, junior Casey Roberts, went off for a career-high 23 points in the 73-58 victory.
Intense tournament for the Cyclones and great preparation for what’s in store the rest of the way. Pulled out a thrilling 52-51 win vs. Harding Prep in the first round. Came back and lost to Capitol Hill 45-43 when a game-winning three caromed off.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90293Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14176Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8859Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7859Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7626Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 7605How to help tornado victims
- 6854OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 6186Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 5739Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 5547Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients