Del City's Jamelle Naff, Millwood's Josh Turner make USA U19 team...
By Robert Przybylo
Del City offensive lineman Jamelle Naff and Millwood cornerback Josh Turner are two of the 45 seniors who have been selected for the Team USA U-19 football squad.
The club will play in the second Team USA vs. Team World game Feb. 2 in Austin, Texas.
Naff, 6-foot-4 and 310 pounds, was a first-team selection to The Oklahoman’s All-State team and has committed to TCU. Turner, 6-foot-1 and 175 pounds, has committed to Texas and was also a first-team All-State honoree.
A national team exemption granted by the NCAA allows high school seniors to play for USA Football and not have their participation count as one of their two permitted all-star game appearances.
The US team will be coached by Darren Allman, the head coach of Westlake High in Austin, Texas. Kickoff is scheduled for 7:30 p.m., and tickets are $8.
Interesting concept, but I’m even more intrigued on having a big-time game like this on national signing day. Definitely going to see what Turner and Naff think about this.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients