Wrestling: Muskogee's Bobby Jefferson receives honor...
By Robert Przybylo
Congrats to Muskogee coach Bobby Jefferson!
It was a good year for Muskogee wrestling coach Bobby Jefferson. His Roughers squad won the Class 6A dual state championship. He was inducted into the Oklahoma chapter of the National Wrestling Hall of Fame in October.
And Wednesday added another honor as Jefferson was named the National Federation of State High School Associations’ Wrestling Coach of the Year for 2009-10.
Jefferson was one of 21 coaches receiving honors in 21 sports, but he was the only coach selected from Oklahoma.
Jefferson, who has coached at Muskogee for 30 years, has coached 11 individual champions and eight All-Americans. His dual record coming into the year was 288-79-2.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 26273Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 15002Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7114OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5706Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5522OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4689Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3649Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3600Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3343Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
- 3206Oklahoma City Thunder: The time has come for OKC's young players
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients