Millwood's Brandon Swindall, Kevonte Richardson to visit Houston
Millwood’s Brandon Swindall will be playing the recruiting game to the final buzzer as he waits to see how his future will be mapped out.
Right now, the 6-foot-4 receiver who set a national record by returning eight interceptions for touchdowns last season, is looking hardest at New Mexico and Houston. He visited New Mexico before Christmas, and has scheduled a trip to Houston for Jan. 28.
He’ll make the trip with fellow Falcon Kevonte Richardson, projected as a QB, WR or DB at the next level. Richardson is the cousin of Cougar head coach Kevin Sumlin.
Swindall has an offer on the table from New Mexico, and Richardson is holding eight offers. But the scholarship situation at Houston is a little unclear at the moment, yet it should be cleared up by the time they make their visit in a couple weeks.
Arkansas has also been in the mix with Swindall, though they have yet to set up a date for him to visit the campus. Part of the hangup there could be the fact that Swindall is being recruited by Garrick McGee, who was a major player in the hunt for the Tulsa job. So now that Bill Blankenship has that gig, maybe things get back in motion with Swindall.
In other Millwood football news, Josh Turner plans to play in the USA vs. the World all-star game in Austin, Texas, on Feb. 2.
The game is held on signing day, so Turner will be close enough to hand-deliver his letter of intent to Mack Brown if he wants. But Millwood will hold a signing ceremony for Turner at the school on a later date after he returns.
– Scott Wright, firstname.lastname@example.org
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21368Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17546Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12345Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9430Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9175Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9080Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8212Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 7912Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 5969OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5028Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients