OCA: Zach Ruff a name to watch...
By Robert Przybylo
It’s Tournament Week time. We all know what that means. You can catch your Varsity writers at a different tournament every day this week.
I kicked it off Monday night at the Grady County Tournament at USAO in Chickasha. My mission? To watch Oklahoma Christian Academy coach Elzie Clark as he juggled coaching both the boys and girls.
Gotta say it was an interesting experience to see the way he would coach the boys vs. the way he coaches the girls. Clark is in his 11th season as the boys coach and first as the girls.
OCA split Monday as the boys took out Alex 69-61, while the Amber-Pocasset girls were too much for the Eagles 51-21.
Going to these smaller tournaments give us a chance to see some kids we don’t normally get a chance to. On this night, it was a battle between OCA’s Zach Ruff and Alex’s Zach Mainka.
Two Zachs, two sophomores, totally different games. Ruff is a driver and slasher. He’s able to get to the rim when he wants to, and he did a great job of finishing when he got there.
Mainka is the big boy down on the block. He cleans up the glass and does a great job of pounding it off the backboard and finishing.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 81417Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 31213Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 29647Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 24478Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8211Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7508Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 7403Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday
- 7284Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond
- 7178Oklahoma storms: 2 Shawnee men victims of deadly tornado
- 6931Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients