Jones: Micah Thompson commits to North Texas...
By Robert Przybylo
Jones defensive tackle Micah Thompson stands out pretty much wherever he goes. But at a Class 2A school, it’s hard to ignore somebody that is 6-foot-5 and 290 pounds.
It was hard for colleges to ignore that, too. Thompson recently committed to North Texas, said Jones head coach Dave Martin.
The defensive tackle was the heart of the defensive line for the Longhorns, registering 78 tackles, three sacks and an interception.
“He’s obviously really excited as are we about the situation,” Martin said. “We feel it’s going to be a great fit for him.”
Interest in Thompson picked up over the summer as Tulsa, among others, started to give the Longhorns lineman some attention. Jones reached the second round of the playoffs, losing in an overtime thriller at Davis.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 51863Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14915Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9511Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7908Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7474Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6783Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 6733Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6649Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6166How to help tornado victims
- 6095Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients