Millwood WR Brandon Swindall visiting Arkansas
While his Millwood basketball teammates were busy winning a basketball game Friday at the Carl Albert Titan Invitational, Falcon senior Brandon Swindall was focusing on his football future, making a visit to the University of Arkansas campus in Fayetteville.
Millwood defeated Wichita North 50-44 Friday without Swindall and Josh Turner, who was making his official visit to Texas. Turner has been committed to the Longhorns since the summer and there’s no doubt that he’s staying that way, but this was a chance for him to meet the new members of the coaching staff and spend some time with new defensive coordinator/DB coach Manny Diaz.
As for Swindall, the 6-foot-4, 170-pound receiver is weighing his options and waiting for offers. Arkansas has not extended a scholarship offer yet, but that could happen this weekend. Same goes for Houston, where he is scheduled to visit next weekend.
Swindall has an offer from New Mexico and visited the campus in late December, keeping them in the mix as the Feb. 2 Signing Day looms.
Swindall made a name for himself by intercepting a state-best 17 passes and returning eight of them for touchdowns, an NFHS record. But offensively, he went for more than 1,300 receiving yards and 17 touchdowns. His height and long arms make him a big target, and his ball skills were among the best around this season.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients