Edlam: In the pool, on the mat and on the hardwood...
By Robert Przybylo
Wonder if Edmond athletic directors Tom Snider (North), Mike de la Garza (Memorial), Barry Blagowsky (Santa Fe) and Mike Nunley will get sick of each other.
The next two days they are going to be seeing each other a lot. I mean, really, a lot. The winter storm that hit the state affected basketball tournament, for sure. However, it is also forced the Edmond schools to reschedule the Three-Dog Night wrestling event.
What was Thursday got moved to Monday. Yep, Monday, the same night as when the three Edmond swimming teams compete against each other at Oklahoma Christian.
I got to cover the Edlam swimming event last year. It’s fun because of how unique it is. Coach Steve Riggs is totally hands off and just lets the boys and girls do their thing. He allows the captains of the respective teams to pick the lineups, and he sits back and announces.
I wish I could be there. And I wish I could be at Edmond North for the wrestling event. The Huskies have dominated the series lately, winning the last nine city championships. Andy Schneider has a dynamite club this year, and I would expect North to walk out with No. 10 in a row Monday.
But…all those weather delays will have me at Deer Creek to finish off the Bruce Gray Invitational. Can’t be in three places at once.
However, Tuesday, bam, I’ll be at Memorial when four of the best boys/girls basketball teams in the state go against each other.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients