Courtney Walker with a memorable performance in Edmond Santa Fe comeback
Wow. Seriously did not think there was any way to top the Edlam battle between Santa Fe and Memorial girls last year. A banked 3 to send the game into OT and then the Wolves win? C’mon, couldn’t be done.
Or could it? I don’t know, but Tuesday night’s battle will be remembered by anybody that saw it. If you didn’t know who Courtney Walker was before (first, shame on you), you know now. The Wolves star scored 41 points in leading Santa Fe to a fun, drama-filled, crazy, electric 68-65 win in overtime.
And that’s without scoring in the first quarter. At one point in the second quarter, it was 27-11 in favor of Memorial. The Bulldogs hit their first eight shots of the game. It was insane.
However, Santa Fe weathered the storm. And eventually Paul Bass just let Walker do her thing. With Texas A&M reps in the house (Walker is an Aggie commit), she showed her whole variety of skills.
But what stood out to me most was the way she played Memorial star Alie Decker on defense in the fourth quarter. Decker is so good and much bigger than Walker, but Walker held her own.
In overtime, Walker scored 9 of the team’s 11 points to keep Santa Fe undefeated. However, those two free throws by Daisha Gonzaque were big time, too.
Some fun stats:
- Santa Fe erased a 16-point deficit to tie it up at 45-45. However, Sidney Hill drained a 3 on the next possession to give Memorial the lead back.
- Santa Fe took the lead 52-50 on a Walker 3-pointer.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15818Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 15704Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11547Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11243'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10839Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 9666OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 7447Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 6917Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6738Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 6691Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients