Edmond Memorial, Douglass in ESPN basketball top 50
Edmond Memorial made its debut in the ESPN RISE Fab 50 boys basketball rankings last week, and the Douglass Trojans have returned to the rankings again this week.
Douglass opened the season at No. 26 in the ESPN poll, but fell out after a November loss in Texas. At 11-4, the Trojans are back at No. 49.
After debuting in the top 50 at No. 42 last week, undefeated (as of this very moment, 25 minutes prior to tip against Edmond Santa Fe) Edmond Memorial is up to No. 37 in this week’s poll.
In the regional rankings, four state teams are in the Southwest Top 20, with Memorial at No. 9, Douglass at 13, Tulsa Washington at 16 and Midwest City at 18.
The carry-over from tournaments to Monday night has my week all jacked up, so I’ll get around to my usual Tuesday Power Poll on Wednesday this week. And it won’t hurt to see how that Memorial-Santa Fe game turns out first.
– Scott Wright, firstname.lastname@example.org
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 34667Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 26962Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6958OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6745Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4485OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4208Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3679College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3494Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3437Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3281Oklahoma softball: Keilani Ricketts and Sooners beat the heat as they hold off Arkansas
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients