Josh Richardson helps Edmond Santa Fe give rival first loss of season
After the first four minutes, I wasn’t expecting a rout necessarily, but I also was cowering from my Edmond Santa Fe prediction.
Edmond Memorial came out smoking, leading 14-4 midway through the first. And then the Wolves woke up, particularly Josh Richardson.
Despite an incredibly slow start, Richardson scored 21 points as the Wolves went into Memorial and pulled out a 69-66 win to give the top-ranked ‘Dogs their first loss.
It was ‘game on’ from the second quarter on. Santa Fe went on a 17-2 run to start the second quarter and turned an 18-12 deficit into a 29-20 lead. That eventually led to a 33-28 halftime advantage.
The game had a huge momentum switch with 2:36 left in the third quarter. Richardson picked up foul No. 4 with Santa Fe leading 42-37. But the Wolves didn’t fold. Aaron Anderson made some big shots. Terrell Savala came up big as did Chad Johnson and Santa Fe took a 10-point lead to the fourth.
And then Obi Emegano woke up. Passive for most of the game, Emegano was a beast in the fourth quarter. He finished with a game-high 26 points. And before you knew it, 52-42 Santa Fe turned into 58-57 Memorial and Santa Fe coach Shawn Schenk dangerously close to getting a technical.
However, Richardson drained a three from the top of the key and Santa Fe never trailed again. Strange ebb and flows in this Edlam battle.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients