Harrah wrestling in familiar spot
Harrah wrestling coach Bryan Miller wasn’t sure how this season was going to turn out after losing so many quality wrestlers.
Being the smallest team in terms of classification in 5A didn’t help matters, either. However, the Panthers are heading back to the dual state competition in two weeks.
Harrah defeated Carl Albert 39-28 on Tuesday night in the district duals.
“I’m just so proud of the kids,” Miller said. “They’ve put in so much work, and they deserve this.”
Miller said one big turning point of the match came at 215 pounds. Harrah’s Matt Hasty was able to get a pin on Carl Albert’s Kyle Croak and that helped the Panthers pull off the victory. It is the fourth year in a row for Harrah to make it to dual state.
Robert Przybylo, firstname.lastname@example.org
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 26979Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17115Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9403UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8599Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7948Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 7430OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6562Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6162Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 6113Tom Ward out as SandRidge CEO
- 6077Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients