Hennessey's Derrick Luetjen changes commitment to Tulsa
Another Derrick in Kingfisher County, another commitment to Tulsa. A day removed from Kingfisher’s Derek Patterson committing to Tulsa, Hennessey’s Derrick Luetjen said Sunday he has switched his commitment from Louisiana-Monroe to Tulsa.
Luetjen switches to Tulsa
The last week has been a crazy time for Hennessey senior Derrick Luetjen. But he’s confident that he has made the right choice.
The Eagles star defensive tackle has switched his commitment from Louisiana-Monroe to Tulsa, Luetjen said Sunday night.
“It was a great visit, loved everything about it,” Luetjen said.
Luetjen said he had nothing bad to say about Louisiana-Monroe, but the advantage of Tulsa being so close to Hennessey was something he could not pass up.
Luetjen has been one of several defensive tackles on Tulsa’s radar. Reports came out last week that Tulsa was looking for defensive tackles and Luetjen was one of the prospects they were looking at.
Luetjen, 6-foot-3 and 270 pounds, had a phenomenal senior season for Hennessey, helping lead the team to its first state championship. He was named first-team Little All-City and second-team All-State by The Oklahoman.
Luetjen was confident with his choice of the Warhawks. But Tulsa has always been on his wish list. He knew if he received an offer, he would be good to go.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 28939Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 26978Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 5000Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 2753Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 2336Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 2282Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients