Norman North's Daniel Davis commits to Pennsylvania
The struggle and stress of the last two months for Norman North star Daniel Davis came to an end Sunday night.
The Timberwolves all-around talent announced he is committing to the University of Pennsylvania.
Davis was once a Stanford commit, having given his verbal to the Cardinal in December 2009. However, after a falling out with the coaching staff in which both parties decided to go their separate ways, Davis was back on the market in November.
A three-star prospect by Rivals.com as a linebacker, Davis was unable to find offers from some of the top schools. Not because of his lack of talent but because most schools did not have any offers to give out.
A positive, Davis said, to committing to Pennsylvania is Ivy League schools do not give out athletic scholarships. So if something happens at a bigger school where a signee drops out, Davis is able to transfer and not be penalized.
“I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again — I’ll do whatever is asked of me. I’m never going to stop working hard and giving everything I have,” Davis said.
Davis had given me every inclination in my interview with him last week that Penn was going to be his destination. You really cannot discount the fact that he is able to get on out if something happens at a major school.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14439Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9547Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7937Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 7761Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6962Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6428Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6287Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 5083Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5032Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 4602UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients