Edmond Memorial and Midwest City basketball will be rescheduled
Just making the rounds on all the weather-related postponements and there was one basketball game in particular that caught my attention.
Their first game was an overtime thriller won by the Edmond Memorial boys, but who knows when we’ll see the rematch between the Bulldogs and Midwest City? What I do know is that game WILL be played.
“It’s a conference game. We always, always play our conference games,” Memorial coach Shane Cowherd said. “If this was a non-conference game, it might be easier to let go.”
This game will have a huge impact on the rankings. As it stands, Memorial is No. 1 and Midwest City is No. 2. If the Bulldogs sweep the Bombers, tough seeing MWC ever leap-frogging Cowherd’s bunch.
Now the problem becomes trying to find the right date. Cowherd and Edmond athletic director Mike Nunley said preliminary talks point toward a Monday showdown but that is far, far from being confirmed.
It’s not just trying to avoid any other activity conflicts, it’s also trying to make sure the gym is available. Between junior high and freshman basketball and other non-sports activities at the gym, it’s an absolute mess to try to find the right date.
Oh, the girls game should be dang good, too. Midwest City is undefeated and ranked No. 1, while Memorial bounced back with a win over Southmoore and stands pat at No. 3.
The Bombers routed the Bulldogs the first time around. But playing in Memorial, well, you just never know with that type of crowd.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients