Signing Day offers few surprises
Maybe it was because students weren’t in class but Signing Day really went about the way it looked like it would on the surface.
One of the major shockers occurred up in Wagoner with athlete Prince McJunkins. Some sites had him committed to Louisiana-Monroe despite the fact the Tulsa World’s Matt Baker kept in constant contact with McJunkins, and he never said he was committed.
Today was the day and McJunkins went Georgia Southern. He’ll do well wherever he ends up.
Friday through Tuesday was a rush in terms of late commits and things like that so maybe that took away some of the drama of the day, too. I’m not doubting Arizona or Oregon State, but I didn’t think Domonique Petties of Duncan nor d’Vante Henry of Southmoore were going to get a chance. I’m glad they are – just didn’t see it coming.
Also strange to not be shooting video of ceremonies. Instead, the first question to every recruit I talked to was ‘were you able to fax your letter of intent in?’ Just about everybody I talked to said they were.
Incredibly tough to compile an accurate signing list tonight. I did the best I could as some in-state schools didn’t post any on their websites probably because nobody was working today.
All of the top recruits in the state went where they said they would. And Del City’s Jamelle Naff and Millwood’s Josh Turner signed from the all-star game in Austin, Texas.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients