Edmond Memorial's Connor Myers gets job done...eventually
Now this is what we’re looking for. Seriously, if you guys have stories like this, send ‘em this way. I was laughing a little too much at this one.
The story of how Edmond Memorial’s Connor Myers faxed in his letter of intent to Weber State:
Obviously, nobody envisioned Signing Day to go like this. With Memorial closed, Myers had to find another outlet. OK, just go with his parents (or one of them) to their job and fax it in.
The places of business for both his mother and father were closed. Try again.
OK, let’s call UPS because you know they have a fax machine. Good point. Family makes the call, and UPS is closed.
Attempt No. 3. Hmm, how about Kinko’s? Back in my HS/college days, the No. 1 spot to go to make color copies. But no luck for the Myers family as Kinko’s was closed.
Finally, the Myers clan ends up at a Homeland. Yes, a Homeland grocery store and faxes in Myers’ letter of intent.
Scott Myers, Connor’s father, said panic was starting to set in, but they got the job done.
Connor Myers was among the best defensive tackles in the state this year. I’ve joked with him before that if he was two inches taller, universities would have been banging down his door. I still believe it’s true, but Weber State has been a good home for Edmond kids.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients