Stephen Clark, Douglass overcome slow start to defeat Millwood
I can cross another thing off the list. Despite the fact I try to roam from one place to another in the Oklahoma City metro area, bound to not hit a few spots.
And I knocked off two things at once Saturday afternoon. One, I had never been to the Franklin-Spears Gym at Millwood. The placement of the doors on the baseline freaked me out at first.
Two, I had never seen the juggernaut that is the Douglass boys basketball team in action. The Falcons gave the Trojans everything they could have asked for and then some before eventually falling 66-64 on Saturday evening.
I don’t want to say it wasn’t competitive, but 66-64 is also a bit misleading. The Trojans missed a lot of free throws in the final two minutes and tip in at the buzzer by Michael Ervin for Millwood made it 66-64. However, that’s not to say Millwood shouldn’t be thumping its chest right now.
Scott Wright, who has seen the Douglass machine numerous times, said that was the worst first quarter he’s seen as Millwood led 11-8.
At one point, it was 15-10 in favor of Millwood, and then Stephen Clark and company got it going. So much so that at the beginning of the third quarter, it was now 35-22. I thought the rout was on.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 3510College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3369George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3261Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients