Heritage Hall's Barry Sanders discusses his four early favorite schools
Recently had a chance to speak with Heritage Hall junior Barry J. Sanders. The running back is now up to 12 offers. However, his four favorites remain the same from when he unveiled them in October: Alabama, UCLA, Florida State and Oklahoma State.
Here’s a little insight as to why Sanders is interested in each program.
Alabama — “It’s a proven program that’s always looking to get better. Coach (Nick) Saban is a great coach who always has his players bound for success. I went down there for their game against Ole Miss, and it was fantastic.”
UCLA — “They struggled a little bit this year, but coach (Rick) Neuheisel takes a very active approach. With everything that’s happening at USC, they (Trojans) might be down. This is UCLA’s chance.”
Florida State — “I think they have the No. 1 recruiting class for this year. I love what coach (Jimbo) Fisher is doing there. He knows the tricks of the trade, and he has recruits excited about the program.”
Oklahoma State — “If I choose to stay close to home, it would be pretty easy. The facilities are tremendous. The people there are great. And it’s another program that keeps growing as coach (Mike) Gundy is doing big things there.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16360Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 12715Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 11414'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11247Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11067Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 10980OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 7454Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 6968Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6909Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 6877Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients