Jenks' Alex Ross commits to Oklahoma
He came out of nowhere to have one of the best rushing seasons of anybody in the state, but Jenks junior running back Alex Ross is not a secret anymore.
Ross verbally committed to Oklahoma on Tuesday night, he confirmed via his Facebook page.
Ross wasn’t even the starting running back for the Trojans when the season began, but he quickly took advantage of his opportunities when starter Zack Langer went down with an injury.
Ross rushed for 1,548 yards on just 122 carries and had 27 touchdowns. He also averaged more than 40 yards per kick return and took three back for scores.
Ross attended both OU Junior Days in the last two months and is being recruited as an athlete.
Ross had received interest from other Big 12 schools but had not received any official offers.
This is an incredible ‘get’ for the Sooners if you follow Oklahoma high school sports. He was easily among the best players in the state and just an absolute jaw-dropper. His film was a lot of fun to watch.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11235Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 11138Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5575Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 5081Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4332OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4278Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4021How to help tornado victims
- 3839Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 3543Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 3013Name of missing Kingfisher teen released
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients