Midwest City's James Flanders gets offer from Tulsa
Midwest City running back James Flanders didn’t want to sound too confident last week, but he had a feeling he was going to get an offer from Tulsa over the weekend.
He did. The Golden Hurricane have become the first program to offer the Bombers star running back. Flanders was offered after Tulsa’s Junior Day and was one of many area juniors to attend the event.
“I’m just trying to get my weight up,” Flanders said. “I’m lifting a lot of weights and getting ready for track season.”
Flanders is receiving interest from several other Big 12 schools, including Missouri, Kansas and Kansas State. However, Flanders said he is not ready to list any favorites just yet.
Flanders rushed for 1,672 yards and 22 touchdowns last season. His older brother, John, is a starting defensive back for Tulsa. James Flanders was listed at 170 pounds last season and said he is around 180 pounds right now.
Robert Przybylo, email@example.com
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 3510College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3369George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3261Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients