Connor Madole carries Norman to comeback win over Yukon
For the first 20 minutes, it seemed like Yukon couldn’t miss. For the last 12 minutes, it seemed like the Millers couldn’t hit.
And Norman took full advantage.
The Tigers ignited a 16-0 run that covered nearly 10 minutes of the third and fourth quarters as they turned a 41-30 deficit into a 46-41 lead. They went on to win 50-49 in a thriller.
While Yukon was firing in 3-pointers through the first two-and-a-half quarters, Norman’s Connor Madole hit a few of his own to help keep the game close. His length and ability to play inside or out made for a tricky matchup against the Millers, and he used that mismatch well. He hit five treys on his way to 21 points, but his biggest shot came at the free throw line with 10 seconds left to give the Tigers the final margin.
The Tigers get Edmond Memorial Saturday night in the regional winner’s bracket final. Two weeks ago, the Bulldogs knocked off Norman 71-36, so the Tigers will try to change their fortunes against the state’s top-ranked team.
I’ll have a video interview with Madole coming soon, so check back for that.
– Scott Wright, firstname.lastname@example.org
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients