Heritage Hall's Sterling Shepard commits to Oklahoma
Heritage Hall star wide receiver Sterling Shepard really did intend to wait before making his commitment.
He wanted to be patient and look to see what else was out there, but the truth is his heart has always been with Oklahoma.
Shepard made it official, verbally committing to the Sooners on Monday. Shepard joins Jenks running back Alex Ross as two in-state recruits of the class of 2012 to commit to OU.
“This is where my heart is,” Shepard said. “There is great tradition here. My father, my uncles went here. It was time.”
For the full story, go here.
Not a shock at all to any that know Shepard. He was genuinely shocked when the offers started to come his way. He just doesn’t think of himself that way. However, he was definitely hoping an OU offer would come his way.
His mother was going to be supportive, no matter what, but the name Shepard means a lot to OU and the Sooners mean a lot to the Shepard family.
Robert Przybylo, firstname.lastname@example.org
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16166Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 12480Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 11351'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11233Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11000Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 10503OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 7225Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 6948Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6833Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 6790Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients