Prague hires Tulsa Union assistant Kyle Fridrich as football coach
After spending the last two seasons as the defensive coordinator at Tulsa Union, Kyle Fridrich’s young career has taken another big step.
The 26-year-old has been hired as the head coach at Prague. He was a standout player for the Red Devils, graduating in 2003. He has been helping his cousin, current Tulsa Union head coach Kirk Fridrich, for the last several seasons.
“We’re excited to have him,” said Prague principal and athletic director David Smith. “We interviewed some really good people and he rose to the top. He’s pretty impressive when you interview him.
“He’s always been a good kid and he’s been part of a good program. He was coaching with Kirk all while he was going to college in Stillwater, so even though he’s young, he has about seven or eight years of coaching experience.”
Seeing Kyle get a head coaching job at such a young age was no surprise to Kirk.
“I’ve known for a few years that when he decided to make that step, he was gonna be ready for it,” Kirk Fridrich said. “He’s mature way beyond his years. His experience in dealing with players and his understanding of the game have been tremendous.”
– Scott Wright, email@example.com
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 51863Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14915Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9511Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7908Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7474Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6783Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 6733Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6649Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6166How to help tornado victims
- 6095Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients