Deer Creek's Michael Fulmer shuts down Carl Albert bats
Deer Creek’s Michael Fulmer was a good pitcher last year. No question about it. But this year? Well, I might have to go that step further and say he’s a great pitcher.
He absolutely understands how to pitch right now. What I mean by that is he is able to think his way out of jams and think himself into strikeouts.
Whether or not my babbling makes sense, I’ll tell ya what does: 16 strikeouts against one of the most high-powered offenses in the state.
Fulmer was impressive in a 10-2 win at Carl Albert on Monday night.
The offense wasn’t too shabby, either, for the third-ranked Antlers. Deer Creek launched five homers and not one of them was close to not going out. Isaac Hellbusch, Ross Stracke, Chase Stephens, George Haaland and Fulmer notched a homer of his own.
Antlers jumped out to an early 2-0 lead on back-to-back jacks in the top of the first. Going into the bottom of the third, it was 6-0. This game changed in the bottom of the fourth. Fulmer definitely put himself in a tough spot. With bases loaded and nobody out, Fulmer struck out the next two batters before walking in a run. He then recorded another strikeout to end the frame.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39385Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 13186Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 12510New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 11930Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 10305UPDATE: Woman's body found in northwest Oklahoma City, her son arrested
- 7560Oklahoma City Thunder: Hard to tell if Shabazz Muhammad is on OKC's radar
- 7262Oklahoma baseball: Sunny Golloway wasn't Sooners' most beloved coach, but he got results
- 7231Oklahoma State football: Quarterback Wes Lunt transferring to Illinois
- 6637Top 5 regrets of the dying
- 5911Russell Westbrook is off crutches and says he's back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients