Heritage Hall's Barry J. Sanders No. 10 on Lemming's list
Back again for another edition of some news and notes on some of the top high school recruits for the 2012 or 2013 class.
Heritage Hall junior running back Barry J. Sanders isn’t any closer to making a commitment, but he did earn another honor.
Sanders was named the 10th best recruit for the class of 2012 by Tom Lemming as Lemming released his top 100 recruits Tuesday.
Lemming has spent more than 30 years evaluating recruits. Sanders was the only player from Oklahoma in the top 100. Dorial Beckham-Green, the Springfield, Mo., wide receiver, was ranked the top prospect.
I’ve admit that I’m bias toward the Oklahoma kids, but I was amazed that Alex Ross of Jenks, Cayman Bundage of Douglass, Sterling Shepard of Heritage Hall and Donovan Roberts of Norman didn’t sniff the list. Feel people are sleeping on this class still.
- Edmond Santa Fe junior Ty Hensley said he wants to keep his options open for football. Meanwhile, the baseball honors continue to roll in for the star pitcher.
Hensley has been invited to participate in the Under Armour All-America baseball game Aug. 13 at Wrigley Field in Chicago.
Hensley is one of 36 players invited and is the lone Oklahoman on the roster. The game will be televised live on MLB Network (Cox 264). The players participating were chosen by a committee of Baseball Factory scouts.
The game will punctuate a four-day event for the players that will include a formal workout for MLB scouts, a home run derby and a meet-and-greet with Hall of Famer Cal Ripken Jr.
- Sand Springs quarterback Darrack Harger was among one of the top performers at the Under Armour combine in Dallas last weekend.
Harger, 6-foot-3 and 200 pounds, has added 15 pounds since the end of last season and was said to be the best quarterback in the bunch by Rivals.com
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15155OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10481Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 7111Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6362Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 6344Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5951Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4162As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 4151Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3884Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 3305Record lottery prize is a powerful draw for Oklahomans
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients