Stratford hoop star Dalen Qualls chooses NOC-Enid
Though he had some smaller Division I basketball programs showing interest in him, Stratford standout Dalen Qualls has decided to try the junior-college route with hopes of improving his stock.
Qualls averaged 32.2 points per game for his four-year career. He finished with 3,290 points, good for fifth on the all-time Oklahoma high school scoring chart. He views NOC-Enid as a potential launching pad for better D-I opportunities down the road.
In the last three years, NOC-Enid has sent four players to well-known Division I programs. Alum Ben Smith, an Oklahoma City native, just completed his junior season at Wichita State, which won the NIT championship. The Jets also sent players to Arkansas, Hawaii and Creighton.
At 6-foot-1, Qualls is a scorer cut out of the mold of a recent guy like Keiton Page, but with better size. He can do a little bit of everything, averaging more than eight rebounds and eight assists per game to go with his nearly 31 points a game in his senior season. So he definitely has D-I basketball skill, and the juco route might just give him the vault he needs to land on a big-time roster.
If not, he can move to Dallas and tell people he plays quarterback for the Cowboys. Might need to go a little darker with the hair, though.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients