Douglass' Dorrian Williams getting out of LOI, considering options
Douglass basketball standout Dorrian Williams has begun the process to be released from his letter of intent at Missouri State and expects to have it completed in the next couple of days.
The 6-foot-2 guard signed with the Bears in November and asked for his release last week after coach Cuonzo Martin left to become head coach at Tennessee. Williams said he has met with new Missouri State coach Paul Lusk.
“He came here to talk to me,” Williams said. “I just want to see if (Missouri State) is the best opportunity for me. It’s about my future and what will be best.”
Until he gets his full release, Williams cannot speak to coaches at other college programs, but Douglass coach Terry Long said schools, including Texas Tech and Clemson, have inquired about Williams’ status.
Williams averaged 12.4 points, 3.6 rebounds and 2.7 steals this season, and has been a key player on the Trojans’ back-to-back state championship teams. He averaged 21 points per game through the playoffs this year.
Tulsa East Central’s Drew Wilson was also released from his letter of intent with the Bears, but according to a report from the Springfield (Mo.) News-Leader on Monday, Wilson has recommitted to Missouri State.
Williams said Wilson contacted him after he recommitted, but Williams does not expect that to impact his decision.
– Scott Wright, email@example.com
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 54539Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 32179Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 9189Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 3989Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 2759Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients