Douglass' Jenkins twins sign with Oral Roberts
There’s something special about getting to see a high school athlete accomplish the dream of receiving a Division I athletic scholarship, but Thursday’s signing ceremony at Douglass was twice as special.
Twin brother Ramond and Romond Jenkins accomplished their D-I goal and fulfilled another goal of finding a college where they could play together. The 6-foot-6 twins had multiple D-I school showing interest, but Oral Roberts was one of the few programs that had room to take both of them together.
“All the time, I would have college coaches asking which one was better,” Douglass coach Terry Long said. “I would tell them, ‘They take turns.’ Both are tremendous athletes and I think they have tremendous up-side.
“One of the things we know about the twins is that they like to be together. Oral Roberts was the one from the beginning that said, ‘Hey, we’ll take you both.’ I think it’s a wise, wise choice.”
Although they’re twins, their game isn’t identical. At the college level, Ramond could be a better fit as an inside-outside guy, while Romond is at his best around the bucket.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 12879Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10775OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6990Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5542Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5510Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5081Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 4971OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4143Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4066Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 3795As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients