Midwest City's Colbert twins sign with UCO
Midwest City guards Cortrez and Cortrael Colbert signed letters of intent this week to play basketball at Central Oklahoma.
The 6-foot-2 brothers each averaged better than 15 points per game and were key players in coach Dewayne Bradley’s intense defensive scheme that helped the Bombers to back-to-back appearances in the Class 6A state championship game.
Cortrez also had an offer from the University of Denver, but they wanted to stay together in college.
“That’s something they were hoping to be able to do,” Bradley said. “UCO is probably the best Division II program in the area, and it’s only 30 minutes from home, so everybody can still see them play. And UCO’s style of play is a great fit for both of them.”
– Scott Wright, email@example.com
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients