Video: Norman's Donovan Roberts talks about committing to Arkansas
Part of me was shocked to hear that Norman running back Donovan Roberts committed to Arkansas on Wednesday. The writer in me was thrilled I didn’t have to hound the junior all summer about recruiting updates.
But the part that was shocked was because I didn’t think Roberts had reached his ceiling in terms of schools that were going to offer him. That’s just how good he can really be. With offers from nearly every big conference in the nation, I felt he could pick and choose.
However, Roberts was pretty sure about Arkansas after his first visit. He named a top four of Pittsburgh, Michigan, Arizona and the Razorbacks. And after getting the seal of approval from Mom (hey, that’s the biggest approval you need), Roberts made it official.
Did he do it too early? Not if you ask him.
“When you know in your heart that this is where you want to be, there’s no point in waiting,” Roberts said. “You want to get on that wagon before it’s too late.”
Roberts said talking to Arkansas running backs also convinced him Fayetteville was the place to be. And if you think he’s a soft commit, Roberts quickly debunked that: “I’m a Hog 100 percent. I’m done.”
Roberts is ranked No. 5 on The Oklahoman’s Super 30 for 2012 and rushed for more than 2,000 yards as a junior.
Robert Przybylo, email@example.com
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15918Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8813OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6389Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5669Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5503OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4915Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4833Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3560Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 3491Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 3466As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients