Oklahoma offers Tulsa Washington hoop star Juwan Parker
Tulsa Washington’s Juwan Parker continues to show why he’s regarded as the state’s top basketball prospect in the 2013 class.
Parker told The Oklahoman on Monday night that he received a scholarship offer from new Oklahoma coach Lon Kruger. The OU offer is Parker’s fifth, along with Oklahoma State, Tulsa, Minnesota and Baylor.
The 6-foot-4 Parker was a Super 5 selection by The Oklahoman after averaging 16 points and 10 boards in his sophomore season, leading the Hornets to their second straight Class 5A state championship.
He was one of two in-state players recently listed on the Rivals.com rankings of the top 100 players in the 2013 class. Parker was rated No. 62 and Edmond Memorial point guard Jordan Woodard was No. 86.
Parker has some strong connections to a couple of the programs recruiting him. His older brother, Jason, played at Tulsa, and Tulsa Washington head coach Shea Seals played at Tulsa under current Minnesota coach Tubby Smith.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients