Arizona offers PC North's Daniel Burton
It seems Arizona coach Mike Stoops is looking hard at Oklahoma offensive linemen. Highly regarded prospects like Blake Belcher of Guthrie and Cayman Bundage of Douglass have already been offered by the Wildcats, and now you can add Putnam City North’s Daniel Burton to the list.
Burton, 6-foot-4, 275 pounds, received the offer from Arizona this week, bringing his total to three, along with Louisiana-Monroe and Northwestern State. Coaches from Oklahoma and Oklahoma State have visited the Panthers’ practices in recent weeks, and Oregon State is expected on the campus this week.
Burton is No. 15 on The Oklahoman’s Super 30 rankings for 2012 recruits. He plans to attend camps at OU, OSU and Missouri this summer, and maybe a few more. He plays left tackle for the Panthers, but has the build and skill set to play any position on the line at the next level.
Currently, he’s focused on building strength, and maybe adding a little weight to his long frame.
“I’m at 275 now,” Burton said. “I’ve gained about 10 pounds since last season and I might try to gain five or 10 more, but I really just want to work on getting stronger.”
– Scott Wright, firstname.lastname@example.org
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 12863Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11549Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5770Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5166Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4505OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4325Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 3991Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3926How to help tornado victims
- 3623Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3239Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients