Heritage Hall's Markus Wakefield gets Colorado State offer
Colorado State representatives were one of several teams to show up at Heritage Hall’s spring football practices. Now it’s clear why.
Chargers lineman Markus Wakefield picked up his first offer as the Rams offered Wakefield on Wednesday night, Wakefield told The Oklahoman.
Wakefield, a force on both sides of the ball, had 137 tackles and 15 sacks last season and will be entering his third year as a starter for Heritage Hall in the fall. Wakefield is listed at 6-foot-1 and 270 pounds. Coach Andy Bogert said Wakefield is going to continue to attract attention because of his excellent footwork and football intelligence.
Wakefield recently participated in the OkVarsity.com combine last weekend and said, like many other top recruits, he plans on attending a lot of camps this summer.
Wakefield becomes the fourth Charger senior to pick up an offer. Wide receiver Sterling Shepard has committed to Oklahoma. Running back Barry J. Sanders is a four-star prospect with more than 20 offers, while Quintaz Struble earned an offer from Arizona two weeks ago.
Robert Przybylo, email@example.com
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90701Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17035OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12738Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8924Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8598Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8454How to help tornado victims
- 8359Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 8212Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 7113Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 7056Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients