Game preview: Douglass vs. Broken Bow, Class 4A semifinal
Douglass (10-2) vs. Broken Bow (12-0)
When: 7:30 p.m. Friday
Where: Southeastern Oklahoma State’s Paul Laird Field, Durant (I will be there)
Why Douglass could win: This team has the total package. Tough defense, scary-good run game. They don’t throw it a ton, but when they do, it’s effective, and QB Shon Bridges is completing his throws nearly every time he goes to the air lately. Aliston Cobb should surpass the 2,000-yard mark this week, needing only 28 yards to get there. Cayman Bundage had a phenomenal game from his defensive tackle position last week and the defense as a whole is playing really well.
Why Broken Bow could win: Confidence. You don’t get to 12-0 without being a confident team. Even with one of its top players, RB Eric Dockins, sidelined since Week 9, Broken Bow has chugged along. The offense is still putting up points, and the defense isn’t allowing them. Only one team all year has scored more than 23 on B-Bow and nobody has gone for more than 13 the last five weeks.
Quote: The expectation is to come out and play at a high level, play like we coach them to play, every single rep, and things will take care of themselves. Sometimes we’re gonna be the dog and sometimes we’ll be the hydrant, but the program takes care of itself.” – Douglass coach Willis Alexander
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13851OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 13814Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9624Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 7322Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 7022Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 5771Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5205Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5056Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 4611Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 4176Several factors come into play on whether Kevin Martin returns to Thunder
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients