Game preview: Stroud at Millwood, Class 2A quarterfinal
Stroud (11-1) at Millwood (12-0)
When: 7 p.m. Friday
Where: Leodies Robinson Field, Millwood
Why Stroud could win: Dakota Biswell. The junior running back powers a run-based offense that can put up points fast. He averages better than eight yards per carry and has more than 1,700 yards with 27 TDs on the season. And when you stop him, the ball goes to Levi Killman, who is nearing 1,000 rushing yards for the year. On the other side of the ball, the Stroud defense has yet to allow more than 24 points in a game this season.
Why Millwood could win: They’ve got weapons everywhere. The Falcons might not have faced a run game like Stroud presents, but they’ve got the tools to contain it with guys like Davion Pierson and Larry Seals in the box and plenty of speed on the back end. The offense might be without RB Shevin Patton once again, but WR Josh Turner has been exceptional in filling in for him.
Quote: Most of us on defense have been playing since our sophomore year. Now it’s our time to shine.” – Millwood senior defensive end Clifford Lawrence
Key matchup: Millwood passing game vs. Stroud secondary. The Tigers haven’t seen a lot of passing attacks this season, and Millwood isn’t afraid to go to the air often. QB Kevonte Richardson has thrown for more than 400 yards three times this year, and if the Falcons find success in the air, it’ll be hard for Stroud to keep up.
The pick: Millwood 42, Stroud 18. Look for some big numbers from Richardson and his receivers.
– Scott Wright, email@example.com
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 81977Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32354Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 27598Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 23828Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 15915Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 8307Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7696Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 7650Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
- 7465Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday
- 7362Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients