Edmond Memorial: Obi Emegano, Alie Decker lead sweep of Norman...
By Robert Przybylo
Ahhh, first taste of hoops. Kinda sweet to open the year out at Norman for a much-anticipated matchup between Norman and Edmond Memorial.
Always a good battle when the Tigers and Bulldogs go at it. Round 1 for this year (like last year) goes to Memorial.
Memorial 53, Norman 41 – Girls
- Big night for Memorial’s Brooklyn Bell. Norman had cut the margin to 40-35 midway through the fourth when Bell nailed back-to-back three-pointers. She has a real pretty shot. Coach Shane Coffey said she is one of the best shooters around…I don’t doubt him. Bell finished with 15 points.
- Alie Decker did what she is supposed to and what I’ve gotten so accustomed to seeing her do. She led the way with 19 points and cleaned up the glass for the Bulldogs.
- Great game from junior Alyssa Hand. She has to track Norman’s Kamra King all night and kept her in check for the most part. Hand also scored 11 points.
- Speaking of King, great to see her back. She scored a team-high 16 points and still showed that explosiveness and quickness that has been her trademark. Had a couple of real nice steals that led to transition buckets, but it was tough for Norman to penetrate the Memorial defense.
- Really liked what I saw from Kim Hayes for the Tigers. She poured in 10 points and looked really smooth out there
- Coffey was thrilled to get out of there with a win. Loved how his team played in the second half and showed the qualities of a championship team. Memorial isn’t there yet, but boy was Tuesday the right first step.
- Look for a video with Decker on NewsOK on Wednesday.
Memorial 78, Norman 44 – Boys
- This game was actually 36-31 a minute into the third quarter. Then, well, I don’t know, Bulldogs simply took over.
- Leading that charge was Obi Emegano. He scored 12 of his game-high 21 points in the second half. He was saddled with two fouls early in the second quarter and wasn’t much of a factor…
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients