Boneman's championship picks...
By Robert Przybylo
Class 6A – Jenks (13-0) vs. Tulsa Union (12-1), 7:30 p.m. Friday, Boone Pickens Stadium at Oklahoma State
Score: Jenks 39, Union 23
Breakdown: There is a good history of the winner of the regular season matchup losing in the championship, but I’m not seeing it here. Alex Ross might be the breakout star of the state (Sheldon Wilson and Sterling Shepard are up there, too) and has become an all-state-caliber RB for the Trojans. Not much is said about the defense, but when they’ve needed to step up, they have. I look for Tulsa commit Trent Martin to have one heck of a night as Jenks completes dominant undefeated season.
Class 5A – Booker T. Washington (12-1) vs. Tulsa East Central (12-1), 1 p.m. Saturday, Boone Pickens Stadium at OSU
Score: Booker T. 31, East Central 19
Breakdown: Another case of a championship being a rematch of an early-season matchup. Hornets looked so good last week against a great Guthrie team. If this is close, edge goes to the Cardinals with kicker Antonio Escobedo, but I think Jordy Albert, Tyler Lockett and Dante Barnett prove to be the difference. And if not, there is always running back Isaac Bennett. Darrell Hall gets his second championship in as many years with a different team.
Class 4A – Wagoner (13-0) vs. Douglass (11-2), 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Boone Pickens Stadium at OSU
Score: Wagoner 25, Douglass 18
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 25412Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 15758Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9844UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8808Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7879Tom Ward out as SandRidge CEO
- 7543Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6502Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6399OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6273Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5958Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients