Millwood: Josh Turner questionable for Saturday
In Friday’s paper, I’ll have a story about some of the players who aren’t the main stars but have been stepping up and making an impact on the Millwood offense lately. And the Falcons will need those guys on Saturday afternoon.
Do-everything senior Josh Turner is questionable to play in the Class 2A state semifinal game against Hennessey at 1 p.m. Saturday at Yukon High School.
Turner is obviously important at cornerback, where he is regarded as the top recruit in the state. But his biggest impact is on offense, where he has been one of the team’s top rushers and receivers, depending on where he plays. He has 14 touchdowns on the year: eight rushing, five receiving and one interception return.
Most likely, he would be at running back Saturday, with Shevin Patton expected to miss a third straight game because of what the team has called “personal issues.”
But Turner suffered a sprained MCL last week that could keep him out Saturday. If he can’t go, the running back position becomes a committee of guys, with Allen Starks — who played really well in a reserve role last week — freshman Larry Lambeth and Michael Ervin handing the duties.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11235Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 11138Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5575Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 5081Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4332OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4278Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4021How to help tornado victims
- 3839Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 3543Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 3013Name of missing Kingfisher teen released
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients