Kingfisher vs. Metro Christian Capsule...
By Robert Przybylo
Metro Christian (10-3) vs. Kingfisher (9-3)
When: 1 p.m. Saturday
Where: Putnam City Stadium (I’ll be there)
Why the Patriots can win: When you have a passing attack like that of QB Andrew Hearon, you are never out of a game. I thought this team was a pretender, and I was dead wrong. Despite some solid clubs in the past, this is the team that is really making its mark in Metro’s history.
Why the Yellowjackets can win: Because I don’t feel comfortable doubting this team right now. Five straight trips to the semifinals — just a team that knows how to win not only close games but big games, too. Offense is anchored by Derek Patterson and defense has stepped up huge in last month. Perfect recipe for a big playoff run.
Metro brings a much different attack from what we’ve seen in the past. Our secondary and our line are going to have to play great.” – coach Jeff Myers
Key matchup: Hearon vs. Kingfisher defense. Feel like we might know early how this is going to go. If Hearon can carve up this defense like he did vs. Anadarko, Metro is moving on. If not, Kingfisher is headed back to Boone Pickens Stadium.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 81135Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 32459Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 5362Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 3318Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients