Looking back: Heritage Hall 42, Kingfisher 14 - Week 10...
By Robert Przybylo
Heritage Hall (14-0) vs. Kingfisher (10-3)
When: 7:30 p.m. Friday
Where: Boone Pickens Stadium (Scott Wright and myself will be there)
Was it really just a month ago? A look back at Heritage Hall’s dominating 42-14 win against Kingfisher in Week 10. And a little sampling of why neither side is expecting this type of game Friday.
Heritage Hall’s Markus Wakefield: “No, we’re not overconfident. We know they’re a totally different team. They’ve hit their stride. Their quarterback, Derek Patterson, can make a lot of things happen. It’s going to be a battle.”
Kingfisher’s Derek Patterson: “I think the seniors just understand how important this final game is. We’ve been to the championship twice and have fallen short. This is our third shot — our last shot. Our offense and defense are clicking so well right now. That game is a distant memory.
I had this penciled in as soon as the season started. I thought for sure it would be for a district championship. But once it came to the week, nothing was on the line but pride.
Heritage Hall had clinched the district championship. Kingfisher was fourth and knew it was playing at Perkins-Tryon next week. So I went to the Deer Creek and Ada thriller. I won’t miss this second showdown between the Chargers and Yellowjackets. Here’s the look back.
To say Sterling Shepard has picked up some of the slack for the injured Barry J. Sanders is a bit misleading.
What Shepard has done is completely dominate, helping second-ranked Heritage Hall to a perfect 10-0 regular season, the sixth in school history, after bashing Kingfisher 42-14 Friday night at Pop Murray Memorial Field.
Shepard, just a junior, scored four times, catching a pair of passes and sprinting 64 and 21 yards for his third four-touchdown game of the year.
And if there were a couple of standouts in his performance they had to be a leaping back-of-the-end-zone catch from 34 yards and a weaving, jitterbug stop and start 64-yard run. Both came within the first 14 minutes of the game.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 37007Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32519Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 27986Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 8311Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6200OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3643College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3643Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 3356Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
- 3265Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3234George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients