Kingfisher: All you need to know, pt. II...
By Robert Przybylo
Heritage Hall (14-0) vs. Kingfisher (10-3)
When: 7:30 p.m. Friday
Where: Boone Pickens Stadium (Scott Wright and myself will be there)
Story: Check out Friday’s paper for an in-depth look at Derek Patterson
Heading into Friday’s championship battle between the Chargers and the Yellowjackets, here’s what you should know about Kingfisher:
- Quarterback Derek Patterson’s focus has been unreal since the playoffs began. There is just something about being a senior and knowing that this could be your last game. It makes the weak ones cower and makes the cream rise to the top. Patterson is the cream. He’s been accurate. He’s been versatile, and he will be starting his 14th playoff game…incredible.
- However, Patterson sure isn’t doing it by himself. Freshman running back Landon Nault has become a player to watch, a year or two earlier than I thought. He gives the offense balance. He’s got tremendous speed and is extremely tough.
- I could watch Jeremy Smith play all day. Every time I see him he gets better. He’s a sure-handed wide receiver, and he is a great tackler in the secondary. It will be interesting to see if he is given the assignment of chasing Sterling Shepard around all night.
- Another young kid that has grown up in a hurry is Jake Blair. He’s playing both sides of the ball for the Yellowjackets and had an interception in the semifinals against Metro Christian. Patterson said Blair’s consistency has been huge in this playoff run.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11499Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8698Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 7434How to help tornado victims
- 4914Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 2111Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 1490Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 1406Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 954Hospitals treat more than 120 after Oklahoma tornado
- 936Expert rips Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation's handling of murder case
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients