3A final: Heritage Hall 28, Kingfisher 21...
By Robert Przybylo
I’m tired and pumped at the same time, huh? Anyway, what a fantastic game between Heritage Hall and Kingfisher.
The Chargers come back from a 14-0 deficit to win 28-21 and earn their third state championship.
Junior star Sterling Shepard scored four rushing touchdowns in the second half to lead the way.
Much much more on this later. The last two games I predicted 28-16 over Bethany when it was 28-14. For this one, I said 28-23 Heritage Hall when it was 28-21. I don’t know, just felt like I knew how these games were going to go down.
I am humbled by the efforts of the Yellowjackets and Chargers. That was one heck of a football game and one classic championship.
For my story on Heritage Hall’s championship, go here.
For Scott Wright’s story on Kingfisher falling just short again, go here.
For Bryan Terry’s great photo gallery from the championship, go here.
I watched the game from the sidelines and shot more video than you can shake a stick at. That will be on NewsOK sometime this weekend. Loved being on the sidelines to get a feel of the atmosphere.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 35659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 30844Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 14359Tornado levels homes in trailer park
- 7518Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6442OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3625College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3531Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3222Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
- 3222OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 3191Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients