Private schools honor: Heritage Hall football seniors...
By Robert Przybylo
Granted full access by the Heritage Hall coaching staff for the 3A championship against Kingfisher allowed me to see the things I normally don’t.
One of those was the group of Charger seniors huddling together separate from the rest of the team for one last final speech about what they mean to each other and what this season meant to them.
I won’t reveal anything that was said as that moment was for those nine seniors. Coach Andy Bogert would always have the seniors stand up first after the postgame talks, and he did it one more time Friday night.
And though a lot of talent resides in that spectacular junior bunch, those kids were quick to point out the leadership of the senior class and how that made all the difference starting from last year’s loss to Pawhuska.
The nine seniors: Graham Busby, Cooper Cloud, Shaun Tkach, Coby Brownrigg, Sami Horani, Dru Bullard, Blaine Kennedy, Andrew Johnson and Bill Johnston.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients