Northwest Classen's Quinton Hardwick plays big
They call him Big Baby, and at 6-foot-4, 220- pounds, Northwest Classen senior Quinton Hardwick is a good-sized high school forward. By Class 5A standards, he’s not huge, but here’s the key: he plays big.
He has long arms and broad shoulders, which help him position for rebounding and in blocking shots, two things he did well Tuesday night in the Knights’ 63-53 win over a tough John Marshall squad. He finished with 12 points, 14 boards and six blocks, eating up space in the paint all night long.
Coming off a tournament weekend, the Knights were a little sloppy at times and neither team could get shots to fall early on.
The big difference between this year’s NWC squad — which is ranked No. 4 in Class 5A this week — and last year’s is the depth of viable scoring options. Six players scored and all had at least six points.
Freshman Keandre Nelson, a 6-foot-1 wing, is an impressive young kid. He led the team with 16 points and made some very athletic plays. T’aries Taylor didn’t score the way he did over the weekend at the Edmond Open, but he’s clearly capable of putting up 25 any night.
Paco Jones gives them another big body. Terry Arnold provides another athletic guard who can come up with big plays when they need it.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 98297Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16555OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13177Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8674Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8399Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8073How to help tornado victims
- 7770Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 6639Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6423Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients