Ardmore Holiday Festival blog, Day 2
UPDATE: Yukon takes it, 58-48 over PC West in the final semi of the night. The Millers will face Del City for the tournament title Thursday at 7 p.m., following the Millerettes’ in the girls title game against Fort Smith-Northside.
For the Millers, this will be their first time playing for a tournament championship since the current seniors were freshmen.
“It’s gonna be good,” said senior guard Shon Williams, who led the Millers with 16 points Wednesday. “We’ve been working hard, working together for the last four years. We think we can win this, so we’re gonna go out and try our hardest to play well and se if we can win it.”
Added coach Ralph Nigro: “I think it means a lot (to play for a title). We have seven seniors and they’ve been through some bad times. Last year, we won, what, five games? The year before, we won six. So it means a lot to them. I’m happy for them. I’m happy to see them smiling and winning. It’ll be a tough game tomorrow, though.”
Mike Nicholson had 13 points for Yukon, while D’Anthony Perkins and Matt Burton added 10 apiece and Jacob Koontz had nine. Kyndall Dudley led the Patriots with 15 points and Dante Lewis added 14. Kevin House had 11, hitting three of the Pats’ eight 3-pointers.
Here’s the Ardmore Holiday Classic schedule and results, with more game-by-game updates below:
Northwest Classen 41, Lawton 38
PC West 49, Ardmore 41
Yukon 47, Southeast 28
Fort Smith-Northside 58, Mustang 39
Midwest City 63, Guthrie 41
Ardmore vs. Southeast, 3 p.m.
Del City 52, Carl Albert 46
Yukon 58, Putnam City West 48
Ardmore vs. Lawton, 11:30 a.m., seventh place (at middle school gym)
Northwest Classen vs. Putnam City West, 11:30 a.m., fifth place
Southeast vs. Mustang, 2:30 p.m., third place
Yukon vs. Fort Smith-Northside, 5:30 p.m., championship
Guthrie vs. Southeast, 1 p.m., seventh place (at middle school gym)
Midwest City vs. Ardmore, 1 p.m., fifth place
Carl Albert vs. PC West, 4 p.m., third place
Del City vs. Yukon, 7 p.m., championship
4:55 p.m.: Today’s winners so far are the Northwest Classen and Putnam City West girls, who will meet in the fifth-place game Thursday at 11:30 a.m. Midwest City’s boys rolled past Guthrie and Ardmore is up on Southeast 33-26 midway thorugh the third quarter.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14891OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9440Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6703Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6232Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6155Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 6060Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4124As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3925Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3685Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 3113Several factors come into play on whether Kevin Martin returns to Thunder
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients