Southmoore running back Andrew Long commits to Air Force
Southmoore running back Andrew Long is excited about the opportunity to play Division I football, but the chance to attend the Air Force Academy means far more.
Long verbally committed to the Air Force football program on Wednesday.
“The opportunity to play football and serve my country means a lot to me,” Long said. “When I thought about the opportunity to have a degree from there, it’s like graduating from Harvard. It sets you up for life.”
Long’s uncle and grandfather each served in the Air Force as well.
Long rushed for 1,084 yards and 11 touchdowns on 172 carries for Southmoore, concluding a career as a four-year starter. He is excited to be a part of the Falcons’ run-heavy, option attack.
“I should have the opportunity to run the ball or catch the ball,” he said. “I’ll play defense if that’s what they want me to do, but right now, they want me as a running back.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11641Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11150Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 7793Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7658Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4653Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4189OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3570Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 3548Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3510Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3477How to help tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients