Plainview's Davis wins Gatorade Cross Country Runner of the Year
Plainview’s Alex Davis was named the Gatorade Oklahoma Girls Cross Country Runner of the Year, it was announced Thursday.
In addition to recognizing athletic excellence, the award also recognizes academic achievement and exemplary character on an off the course.
The junior won the Class 3A individual state title last year with a time of 11:25, finishing 39 seconds ahead of the second-place finisher and helping Plainview win the team title.
She finished third at the 2011 Nike Cross Nationals South Regional championships and won the Oklahoma Meet of Champions and the Arkansas/Oklahoma All-Star meet.
Davis is now a finalist for the Gatorade national runner of the year, which will be announced later this month.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients